Wednesday, April 30, 2008

6.3 in 54:22

So, the 80 degree mark is pretty much exactly where it gets uncomfortable to run. Even with a breeze I can feel it slow me down. I still had a good run in the park, though.

*
The girls each got a stuffed toy poodle yesterday. G got one because one of her friends has one. T got one because Sissy had one. I feel like I should get one just so I'm not feeling left out. G's poodle's name changes approximately once every 1.5 minutes. I think it's currently "Sassafrass", but she may have changed it in her sleep.

*
I still assert that the scariest noise to wake up to in the middle of the night is a cat horking a wad somewhere in the house. This, by far, beats the noise any intruder might make and strikes more fear into my very being. If you get up and look for it, you risk stepping in it. If you leave it until the morning it'll become a permanent part of the carpet. And it will be on the carpet, because cats are not considerate enough to barf somewhere convenient like linoleum.

*
I ordered a 12-month Xbox Live Gold card from Buy.com and it arrived recently...in a gargantuan, bubble-wrap lined envelope. For an item the size of a credit card! Of course, the card itself is packed in hard plastic, as if it somehow might instantly shatter into hundreds of pieces if I were to look at it wrong. It seems like a lot of waste for such a small, simple item.

*
If you're bored and are in need of 60 seconds of fun, I recommend this game: Light People on Fire. The name says it all! (The audio makes all the difference.)

No comments: