Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Portals and Peppers

The backyard garden is coming along nicely. Two of the three tomato plants are growing exponententially. The third had a strike against it from the beginning since it was damaged in the car. It's growing, but it's taking its sweet time. Not sure if any tomatoes will come from it. The strawberry plant has grown and has blooms on it. Yay! Strawberries! (I hope.) Two of the three pepper plants are also doing well. The puny one is now pretty much a total loss--something oh so graciously relieved it of all its leaves. But the other two plants have blooms and look quite healthy.

*
Portal. What can I say about Portal? Really fun game. Great concept. Awesome humor. Too short. All in all, it's worth $10-$15, probably. It's probably worth $5 at least just for the ending song (written by Jonathon Coulton). I'm guessing it was short to avoid burnout. Portal is not a game I'd want to play for 40 levels. No, that would be repetitive. In fact, I had the most fun after the official levels were over, during "the escape". Either way, it's a good exercise for the mind. And now I'm definitely sure I want to go to a Jonathon Coulton concert and be an uber-nerd, reveling in nerdcore music like it is a huge plate of Hot Wings...or something like that.
*
G's room is now pink and purple. A weekend was spent for the facelift. The old, boring, "Navajo White" color has been banished from yet another room! That just leaves the kitchen, hallway, and our bedroom to go! Oh, and the laundry room, but I'm not sure I care enough to paint a laundry room. It's usually the color of dirty anyway. But the room looks much nicer minus the scrawlings of pen on the walls. And I only got paint on the carpet in two places...one of which is under the bed now (good thing, too, since I dropped the roller on the ground on that spot).

But there's no sense crying over every mistake.
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

1 comment:

KPiep said...

You didn't tell me you got paint on the floor....