Thursday, August 7, 2008

Total Randomosity

First of all, I'll start with a linky. Cakewrecks is a pretty funny blog about huge cake mistakes. Some of you may already know about it, some may not. Now you do. Do you feel enlightened yet?


So K and I had the house all to ourselves for a few days as the girls were shipped off to the grandparents for a veritable mecca of fun and exhaustion. This was great because, not only did the grandparents get time alone with the granddaughters, but K and I got some peace and quiet and alone time.


Or so we thought.


Much like an unexpected guest who shows up with a suitcase and slight unpleasant odor, we were hit with a couple of strange maladies. On Friday I went to the eye doctor because of a spot in the vision of my right eye. Long story short: I spent two days with dilated pupils (I looked totally psycho) to find out that I have a swollen spot on my retina. Time and money was spent (or will be, when the bills show up) for me to find out that "it'll probably go away on its own in 3-4 months."


K got a sudden case of selective vertigo--mostly whenever she laid down. Now this makes life tough because lying down is one of the major prerequisites to SLEEPING. So, for a few days, her hobbies included not sleeping, trying not to vomit, and being very still. Lofty goals, all of them. The girls returned a few days later and have proceeded to have a rough time adjusting, driving us insane in the process.


I haven't been running much--only a couple of times a week. I attribute this to the following circumstances:

  1. It's hot and humid

  2. I have to wake up an hour earlier and run before work because of #1.

  3. It's still hot and humid when I perform #2.


August blows.



Writing:

I've stalled a bit in my writing mostly because I have been relatively busy in all facets of life. Some of this is work, some of this is just doing other things. I'll get back to it. Chapter 1 of "The Call of Chaos" is about halfway done. Here, I'll give you visual proof. Ready?

That's about as accurate as any progress bar you'll see when installing software in Windows, which is to say it's not accurate at all.

All we want to do is eat your brains
We're not unreasonable; I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes
All we want to do is eat your brains
We're at an impasse here; maybe we should compromise
If you open up the doors
We'll all come inside and eat your brains

No comments: