Thursday, September 18, 2008

Arrrrrr, Mateys!

Do not forget that tomorrow is International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Please, won't you help out a poor, lonely pirate by, um, talking like one? Seriously, all proceeds go absolutely nowhere because none shall be collected. Just talk like one...just do it. Please? I'll be your best friend? Okay, I probably won't be. But you can say I am!

My "training" for this half-marathon thingy seems to be going well. This week I ran 7 miles in a little under an hour. That's good. That's, like, "I've been actually training" good--and I really haven't been. In fact, I haven't really run much in the past three weeks. No, I haven't been sitting on the couch watching football and stuffing my piehole with popcorn (nice visual, there). Okay, actually, I have been.

But it's good to know that I'm still in decent shape; shape enough to probably finish a half-marathon in pretty good time. But I think I'm going to push it a little more and try to guarantee that I can finish the whole shebang in under two hours. I'm fairly certain I can do this without even really much work. I attribute all of this certainty to the beautiful weather...and a steady diet of Hot Wings. This weekend I am going to try for the full 13.1 miles and see if I can do it. I don't think I'll try to run it too fast--just git 'r done.

Take the night and darken everything around me

No comments: