Thursday, September 11, 2008

I've Gone and Done Did It (Diddly)

This morning I mailed in my registration for a half-marathon here in downtown. Normally this would fall under the "not a problem" category, except that it's less than a month away, and I haven't done any significant training for it.

I could most definitely not do this for a full marathon. It would be suicidal--as suicidal as coating myself in raw meat and running through Jurassic Park singing showtunes. But I am pretty sure I can take a half-marathon with less than a month of training. Now if it would just stop raining I might actually be able to start said training.

This, like the marathon, is a personal challenge. I know I can run for about eight miles without so much as stopping or drinking any liquids. So I'm guessing 13.1 miles won't really be that much of a problem; except maybe for the boredom. At least, I hope so.

I plan on getting out sometime next weekend (it's supposed to rain all of this weekend) and try running either the full distance or 2/3 of it to see how I do. What's the worst that can happen? That was a rhetorical question, thank you.

I'm doing it solo which is a little daunting. Last time I had K participating so it was more of a team effort. I guess we'll find out what happens in a little over three weeks.

He doesn't look a thing like Jesus

1 comment:

KPiep said...

I don't know...I think the showtunes and the raw meat might cancel each other out...