Monday, September 29, 2008

Sugar-Covered Sugar!

I tried Jones Candy Corn Soda for the first time yesterday. Holy cow! Imagine, if you will, taking a cup of sugar and a cup of honey, then liquifying it. If you throw in an Alka Selzer tab you would probably have the same exact thing. Oh, then toss in a package of Peeps. That stuff will curl your toes.

It is important to note that the average can of soda has anywhere from 150-180 calories. This can, which is just a half can of soda, has 130. Basically, the entire day's sugar output of a small country is contained within this little can. It has a picture of a werewolf on the front. This is because you will feel like running wild and naked through the woods and howling at the moon after just one can of this stuff.

So was it good? Um...it wasn' t bad. But I wouldn't make a habit of drinking the stuff. It was fun to try but probably not something I would buy again. It's certainly not something I would drink to feel refreshed.

Maybe, come Thanksgiving, I'll try the Jones Turkey & Gravy Soda.

'Cause I really always knew that my little crime would be cold

3 comments:

Brian Q. said...

So do you have a source for Jones soda? Every year I read about their awesome flavors, but every year the only places I can buy them are online for $5 a bottle. I'd love to get my brother some of their Christmas flavors for a gift one year.

Clefton Twain said...

I found the Halloween sodas (there are a couple other varieties) at Target. Usually Patricia's, a local IGA, has a better selection. I think our grocery stores have a few kinds but the selection is sparse.

Heidi said...

I got the Thanksgiving soda pack at Target a couple of years ago. Pretty damn disgusting, but fun to dare people to drink them.

Also, the special flavors are usually in the holiday/candy aisles, not in the normal soda aisle.