Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Day of October!!

Today is the first day of the awesomest month in the awesomest season. Enjoy!

On a totally unrelated note...
K and I met G at school for lunch. It was a classwide thing and parents were everywhere. I found out about it the night before and G asked me "Daddy, are you coming to kindergarten to eat lunch?" My first response was that I couldn't, because I had to work. Then I stopped mid-sentence and asked myself "why can't I? That's just dumb." So I said I could. I did, and it was very cool. I love being a part of both my daughters' lives and I know they love it when I am.

Almost as a blatant reaffirmation, there was one little boy who ate alone. Neither parent showed up to eat lunch with him. He sat quietly, surrounded by happy children and their parents, and ate. I don't know if he was sad or not, but I was. I felt for him. I don't have a clue what his situation is like (does he live with a single parent? Are they just "too busy"? etc.) but I still think it's crap. K tried to talk with him and another couple asked him about his lunchbox but he still remained mostly quiet. It made me sad.

That is all.

You're coming, coming back

No comments: