Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Odds and Ends

First off, if you're looking for a surefire way to get your house coated in eggs and toilet paper, by all means give out those nasty peanut butter kisses (taffy) for Halloween. Seriously. There's nothing like a good egg wash...on your siding. I'm happy to say that neither of my children received any of those horrid little nuggets of disaster. If they had, I just might have egged a house or two myself. But I like eggs and would prefer to eat them instead.

Next up, this_event looks pretty damn cool. Zombies...in the streets?? Almost makes me wish I lived in Seattle...for one day out of the entire year.

In case you're Rip Van Winkle or have been living under a rock for a while (which I can imagine is not very comfortable), today is election day. Now I'm not going to spew the "it doesn't matter who you vote for, just get out and vote" nonsense that you hear at this time of year. That's bullshit. Truth is, it does matter who you vote for, so don't feel a sense of accomplishment by voting for random people. If you're going to do that, seriously, stay home.

If you do vote, however, there is a plethora of free stuff you can get. Starbucks is giving away free coffee. Krispy Kreme is giving away a free, sprinkle-covered donut. Ben & Jerry's is giving away free fat on a cone. And there's even an adult store that's giving away free sex toys! Of course, that would be the store I neglected to remember...

We're not unreasonable; I mean, no one's gonna eat your eyes

No comments: