Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanks of Giving...Wait, What?

So, Thanksgiving is over and we're all alive and well...and sane! Can I get a Hallelujah?? No? How about half of one?


So...Black Friday. It's aptly named. Stores name it that because it's the start of the Christmas shopping season which will hopefully put them "in the black". I've always thought the name was appropriate because it tended to bring out the worst in everyone as they beat each other senseless to get that Christmas bargain. Case in point: Wal-Mart Employee Trampled To Death. That poor slob (who, first of all, sucked it up to work at Wal-Mart) was just trying to make some money...and ends up dead. And what gets me is the idiots who kept rushing through the doors, not even stopping to help. Their excuse was that it was okay because they'd been waiting in line for so long? Go to jail. Do not pass "Go". Do not collect the $88 GPS unit.


I don't usually go near a retail outlet on Black Friday. IF (and that's a big "if") I do, I go to one that nobody else goes to...theoretically. Because we were bored, my brother-in-law and I went to Cargo Largo. Cargo Largo is basically a half step up from a dirt mall. It's an outlet that sells overstocks and slightly damaged items (or items with a damaged box) or items that just don't sell in the store. Everything is really cheap and the place is filled with crap nobody needs. But on Black Friday, they apparently had 20% off EVERYTHING. And, wow, was it crowded! Anyhoo, I picked up a couple of things for really cheap (whether I needed them is another issue).


The long weekend generally went well. The only downside was Mizzou losing to KU. Kansas just played smart whereas Mizzou did not--so they deserved the win. It was a good game (most of it) and fun to watch. Besides, I was shoving Hot Wings in my face like there was no tomorrow. What could be better than that? Wait...don't answer that...I don't really want to know.


I OD'd on caffeine for about three days. Like, I had way too much. I'm going to pay for that...soon. See, with a full house, there was really no bed for me to sleep in so I got tainted sleep. Also, the air mattress we brought would not hold air. So I took couch cushions to the basement and made a cushion bed. This sort of works, sort of not. You can't really lay on your side comfortably and you wake up rather stiff (unless you have really good cushions). So, when my brother-in-law and his girlfriend left early Saturday morning, K and I immediately moved into the bed. My quote (that I barely remember due to fatigue) was: "This must be how rich people sleep". Then I passed out.


I also discovered that, if you want free hamburgers, wait for someone to slam their truck into a cow in the road, drive up and, when nobody's looking, take a few bites. Seriously, it's a victimless crime!


Someone keeps moving my chair

No comments: