Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Come on, Vamanos!

Damn, it's cold. But enough of that.

K got sick yesterday so I am staying home to help with...well, whatever needs helping with. But mostly helping with T. Right now she is watching a marathon DVD of Dora the Explorer. I don't really plan on doing much today except making sure everyone is as healthy and happy as they can be. If that means watching movies most of the day, so be it.

When K is sick she either sleeps on the couch or I let her have the bed and I sleep on the couch. When I'm sick, I usually hole up on the couch (or on the futon downstairs). The thing is...we have what might be the awesomest couch in the entire universe. Aliens ain't got nuthin' on us with their fancy space couches. They're full of crap...no matter what they tell you!

Back in college, my roommates and I had what was known as the "Coma Couch". It was where we went to die after eating. It was comfy but rather small...and more on the ugly side than anything. The couch that currently resides in our living room is made of pure, 100%, unpolluted win. We have family that comes to see us solely so they can sleep on our couch.

What I really want to do is get a bed made out of this couch. I swear I would never leave. I wouldn't be able to. I'd probably not wake up! So being sick in this house has its upside, actually. I always say "I have to/get to sleep on the couch tonight." All hail the couch!

Make a little birdhouse in your soul

No comments: