Monday, January 5, 2009

Chapter 2

I posted Chapter 2 of The Forgotten Years: The Call of Chaos in my Writing.com portfolio if anyone is interested in reading it. And you should be. Why? I don't know...but I'm sure I'll think of a viable reason later. For now, just pretty please go read it...I'll be your best friend, really. I'm not just saying that. Either click on the link I just gave you (direct to Chapter 2) or click on the happy, multicolored fellow on the right. The passkey either way is 56841.

In this chapter, Cor'il rests at an inn and finds out more about his surroundings and the people. He even gets into a fight and has to go tell the lunch lady! When I say "lunch lady", I really mean "really sharp, pointy sword."

In other, unrelated news...

I ordered an iPod Touch (1st-gen) from BestBuy.com. I had originally intended to pick it up from the store itself but, as luck would have it, I came in on the last day of the sale and, as Best Buy would have it, they were out. Best Buy, IMO, is maybe the worst retail store...ever. Any time I go to get something there, they never have it in stock, I can never find anyone to help me answer questions, and if I do find someone, they seem to be a step above a talking cucumber. I know I'm generalizing, but this has been my experience almost every time. So why do I shop there? I have no idea. Honestly.

I still have yet to figure out how I'm going to pay for the iPod. Should I take a couple of days off from work and walk around downtown with a sandwich board that says "Will Work for iPod"? I fear I might actually make more $$ doing that than I do at work.

If I had wanted just another iPod, I may have looked at getting a Zune. But, really, I like the iPod Touch's WiFi functionality and the prospect of running some really cool apps on it. The music player is just icing on a very high-tech, silicone cake.

So I'm glad I got burned, think of all the things we learned

No comments: