Thursday, January 8, 2009

Purple Monkey Dishwasher

First off, a glimpse of total win:


That is The Magic Tree. A man and his son work tirelessly for a month to string over 2,000 strings of lights for Christmas. We visited The Magic Tree on Christmas Eve for the first time this year. I think we've found a new Christmas Eve tradition. I can't help but wonder what the neighbors think of it...and all the increased traffic.

On to other things. My iPod Touch came yesterday. I had been waiting with giddy excitement for five days. I'm sure K got in her requisite amount of eye-rolling whenever I mentioned it. I know full well that this is something I do not need. In fact, I need an iPod Touch just about as much as my cat needs a foot massage.

After scraping enough money together, both through rolled change and money I have saved up, I took the plunge when I found a really good deal at Best Buy (combined with a $25 rewards certificate). And, just let me say, this device is very useful to me...of course, all of that utility is frivolous, fun, and convenience.

I don't need to be able to browse the web while sitting at a coffee house. I certainly don't need to be able to look up a football schedule, scores, or stats. And I don't need to be able to look up restaurants and bars in my area. But, hell yeah, I want to! I could never justify having an iPhone or any other kind of smart phone. We can't afford the cost of the phone, much less the increased monthly charges. But that is what I ultimately want...for the sheer frivolity of it all! I'm a tech junkie, so sue me.

So last night I spent a good chunk of time downloading apps and giggling to myself while K looked at me, laughed, and rolled her eyes. The damn device is addictive. I'm in my own home and can just hop on my PC to look up something on the web, but noooo...now I'll just carry my iPod with me and save myself the 10-second walk! Take that, exercise!!

EDIT: I just logged into CNN's page to read some slanted news, and the first headline I saw was: "World's Oldest Person Credits Bacon". Ha! Take that, bacon-haters!! It's about time bacon got props! Total funny.

I was all up in a piece of heaven

No comments: