Monday, February 23, 2009

I Caught Me a Random!

There is no SciFi Saturday review this week. We weren't home. I guess I could watch it Thursday night and rock your face with a most certainly excellent review. Maybe I'll do that.

I've been preoccupied with a Flash game called Mushroom Revolution. I am quite the sucker for Tower Defense games. It's a most disagreeable combination. I usually end up having to play the same level over and over because, well, I suck. But at least I have fun doing it! Anyay, this is yet another one of Kongregate.com's many offerings and is quite fun...that is, once you realize you can press the "B" button to stop the God-forsaken mushrooms from bouncing incessantly. Though, I guess, if TD games aren't your thing, there is always Don't Shit Your Pants...You know, if you are into that kind of thing (don't lie!).

We all returned from travel yesterday evening. This morning, my cat's first order of business was to give me a "Welcome Home" present. He looked at me, then proceeded to vomit. I had enough manual dexterity to grab him and hold him on the kitchen floor (linoleum) during this process which made my job a lot easier. Nastier...but easier. Sometimes I truly hate that cat. I think it's mostly because he seems to be able to yark on command or whenever he feels like it. Come to think of it, I really should figure out a way to make money off that. It's out there...somewhere, just waiting for me to cradle it in my loving arms.

Spring is right around the corner and I've decided to up the ante for the garden this year. I am going to nail some 2x4's together and start my own little raised garden. This could prove to be a colossal failure but I am willing to give it a try. I am planning on stuffing about 8 inches of hay into the garden (along with whatever food waste I can gather up) and hope that it creates some nice, tasty humus (as well as killing the grass and weeds). Then I will plant like a madman and hope that something other than weeds comes out of it. I fully realize that the main force working against me will be the fiery skyball...or lack thereof.

I am currently sucking on lemon drops that may be close to five years old. Hard candy doesn't go bad, does it? It's not like I'll contract salmonella, the plague, or Peruvian Devilgerbil Disease, right?

On the wings of life

No comments: