Sunday, May 17, 2009

Shut up, Randy

The garden has been planted. The brussels sprouts and spinach sadly did not make it. They perished in their peat pots long before I got them in the ground. I have the distinct feeling the spinach turned them against each other and laughed at the destruction. Of course, only about half the spinach made it anyway.

The garden itself is rich in nutrients and there are worms everywhere--all this from kitchen and yard waste. Everything I planted seems to be thriving already, despite the dubious amount of sunlight it gets. The herbs are planted in pots on the deck and seem to be doing pretty well also. If all goes according to plan, we'll have quite a few vegetables this summer!

Most of the plants got hammered by a really hard rain (with hail) so I wouldn't be surprised if some of them didn't make it. Also, I'm a lousy gardener, so that might have something to do with it.

K picked up some catnip at a local farmer's market. Her cat devours the stuff like it's crack...or maybe it is! my cat doesn't really know what to do with it. He rolls on it and drools incessantly, maybe biting or licking it. This goes on indefinitely or until K's cat Tynan sneaks in and noms the catnip out from under my cat. I feel like I'm a kitty drug dealer! If I don't give it to them, they'll just find it on the street, right?

There is no Drive In Movie Review this week because Scifi's Saturday movie was "The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy". I won't even get into how much less funny the movie is than the book. I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that. I've seen most of the movie so, at some point, I got bored and wandered into traffic...again. Luckily, my road has a very low traffic flow, so I would actually have to try to get run over. But I doubt I'd have the attention span for that.

picks up one life, puts another one down

No comments: