Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Week in Review

This week was my first five days at my new job. Having completed the first five days, I can honestly say that this is probably the best company I've ever worked for. It's more stable than some, and is more relaxed than any other previous job I've had. There is definitely work to be done, and we are a 24/7 company, but everyone is easy-going most of the time.

Another important fact: I'm back among "my people"--people who aren't the straight-laced, uptight masses. I'm back working among people who play videogames and talk about what would happen if you jumped into a black hole from a speeding spaceship. Yeah, those people. Very geeky but, well, that's me!

I absolutely despise learning the ropes. I feel confident that I have the technical and logical knowledge to do most anything that is required of me, but I know nothing about the processes and unique software my new company uses. The only way to learn it is to use it and follow others around, but it's still very disconcerting. I feel quite a bit out of my element.

Not much else to say other than that. I think all of the changes in our household are finally coming to a close, for which I am thankful.

Welcome home

No comments: