Sunday, August 9, 2009

Football, Huzzah!

Today is the Hall of Fame Game. It's the first NFL game of the season. Sure, it's preseason, so it really can't be considered real football by any stretch of the imagination. More often than not, it's a bunch of scrubs bouncing around like BB's in a bathtub, dropping the ball and getting decapitated, but it's football!! The drought is over, the pads are on, and the season will start soon enough.

So I finally bit the bullet...I jumped on the bandwagon yesterday and started a Facebook page. I'm still not really sure why I did this. Mostly, I think, it was to make suSo.re I can keep in touch with the billions of friends that have Facebook and post updates that way. I'm not that much of a social networking person but, hopefully, this will allow me to keep in the loop better. I don't plan on updating a whole lot or on a regular basis. I generally tend to have better things to do, like watching grass grow or watching paint dry.

Not much else to say, so we move on...

Syfy Saturday Presents: Infestation
So...giant bugs. It's tough to go wrong with giant bugs. Well, I guess if you were to make a movie about giant ladybugs, it would fail. But, otherwise, WIN!

The movie stars nobody you would have heard of, but in this case, that's not necessarily a bad thing. It centers around Cooper, an office geek who has the social skills of a retarded hamster. Basically, it's a completely normal day until there is an ear-piercing shriek, and Cooper later wakes up to find everyone has been put to sleep and cocooned. He spends some time rescuing people as well as watching some people get munched by bugs, and the party really gets going.

The characters themselves are awesome. You've got the mute, supposedly mentally slow guy, the cold, supposedly unfeeling love interest, the military father, the batshit insane weathergirl, and many more! Act now and we'll throw in a free giant bug! Though I really still have questions as to why the weathergirl was crazy...maybe she just snapped because of all that was going on? But that was really the only hangup I had.

The movie was totally enjoyable--cheesy, retarded, and full of giant bug goodness. It ranks up there as one of my all-time favorites.

So here are the Drive-In Totals:
Crazy weathergirls: 1
Human-hybrid bugs: 4
Dog-hybrid bugs: 1
Naked boobs: 2
Bug claw-fu
Truck-fu
Bug juice
People juice

5 stars

They could care less

No comments: