Friday, August 21, 2009

It's International Fail Day!!

It is! "What??" you ask? You mean to tell me you didn't know it was International Fail Day? Honestly, neither did I! Although, to be perfectly clear, I think it only applies to me. So you can stop worrying, breathe a sigh of relief, and just be happy you're not me.

Oddly, I've quickly grown accustomed to being very productive at work--getting a lot accomplished, and feeling happy that I've done so. Sure, there have been days less productive than others, but I always get something useful done.

Today is much different. I've not actually fixed any problems, nor have I really accomplished anything. I worked on a couple of problems, to no avail, and I tried to construct a conference room PC, but I can't even get that done properly. So, I mean, I guess I've worked on some things, but nothing actually got accomplished.

This irritates me.

It feels like I could have just stayed home and watched TV all day and still gotten the same amount of work done. That activity may have been a bit more monotonous, but at least it wouldn't be quite so disappointing. I mean, when you watch TV all day, you expect to get nothing done. What irritates me more is that, while the weekend is quickly approaching, I'm constantly going to be frustrated until I get back into the office on Monday and actually do something.

Grrrrr.

By the hands of doom

No comments: