Monday, November 9, 2009

Why did the monkey fall out of the tree?

Because he was dead. Duh.

I only relate that silly joke because a) for some reason, I still find it amusing and b) My body is sore...from climbing trees. Yes, you heard me. We attended a family reunion this weekend and I noticed there were kids trying to climb trees. It looked like large amounts of fun.

See, as an adult, there is no real reason to climb a tree. If I saw a grown adult in their front yard, climbing a tree, I'd probably think it was really odd...or they were trying to climb up to a high window to break into the house. It just doesn't seem right...yet, why shouldn't adults be able to do things like that?

So I did. I figured, if the kids were doing it, I could too. I should climb trees more often. I would make a promise to do so, but none of the trees in our yard are worthy of climbing. I could probably scale them to a certain degree, but there would be no branches on which to sit. The previous house in which I lived had a pretty decent tree out front that I would climb from time to time. I probably got really funny looks from the neighbors.

Not much else to say right now, so I'll leave you with my current favorite picture. It's from failblog.org.


No comments: