Monday, April 19, 2010

They Look Like Meatballs!

So, now that Spring has arrived, I have planted this year's seedlings for the garden. Not only that but I also got a composter!! I mean, seriously, is there nothing more fantastically exciting than talking about kitchen waste, dirt, and worms? You now have a rather dirty, dusty window into the miracle that is my life.

So I planted the usual--tomatoes, peppers, jalapenos, broccoli, and brussels sprouts. But I also added carrots, peas, and zucchini. And, now, the zucchini and peas are taking over the house. Seriously. They grew so much so fast...yesterday, they asked for the car keys and money to go to the mall. I told them "no", and they said I was the meanest gardener ever, and that I ruined their lives.

I have yet to actually plant anything in the garden yet. I've cut the grass twice and used the clippings to mix up in the garden, and the plants are all in peat pots on the deck. But I need to get them in the ground soon. Hopefully the frost will stay away and I'll stop being lazy. It would be nice if both of those happened. And then we can get to the next level--me asking the plants nicely to produce stuff to eat and them shaking their little plant heads and telling me to piss off.

I don't have a Drive-In Movie Review this week because Syfy's movie was the remake of "The Hitcher". I've seen the original and it was rather decent. I watched 30 minutes of the new one and demanded my money back. Unfortunately, I was yelling at my cat and he spent all his money on crack.

No comments: