Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Random List

Random Stuff:
  • Sometimes a four-year-old can eat as much as me. That's saying something.
  • When Wal-Mart sponsors a TV movie, you can bet your ass you'll see "Great Value" products prominently displayed every other minute.
  • Every dog, no matter what, looks hilarious with a "cone of shame" collar around their neck.
  • The fact that every movie these days is in 3D sucks.
  • The "Syfy" network needs to knock it off already with the "Ghost Hunters" and wrestling crap.
  • Lebron James, no matter how good he plays is, and will always be, an ass. But that's not unusual, seeing as how that is a prerequisite for playing in the NBA these days.
  • The original Jurassic Park still kicks ass. Avatar, suck it.
  • Steam is not just a game service, it's an addiction. Seriously. It's ridiculous.
  • I now have all of my boardgames sitting on a small bookshelf behind me. While my collection is not that big and doesn't really get played, I still like to see them.

I have been playing Crackdown 2 and, I have to say, it's really fun. I must admit that I only got the first Crackdown game because it came with a beta invite for Halo 3 but it, too, turned out to be a lot of fun. Hence, I bought the second one. There are definitely missions and an overarching plot but screw that. I just enjoy jumping from rooftop to rooftop and mowing down mutant freaks in a car (and the occasional pack of civilians). It's very much over the top but very very fun. If you played and liked the first one, you won't be disappointed with the second one.

Last week's Syfy movie was ridiculously boring and nonsensical. Part of that may be due to the fact that we only watched the last half. Anyway, I didn't pay close enough attention to it.

No comments: