Friday, October 15, 2010

Maximum Halo in 24 hours

Tonight at 7:00 I embark upon a noble cause--playing videogames for 24 hours. No, wait...the noble cause is the "Extra Life" charity to benefit the Children's Miracle Network. I got my pledges. Now it's time for me to man up and...um...sit my ass in a chair for 24 hours and play video games. Seriously? I'd do that anyway...charity or no. That's assuming I can stay awake for it all, considering I will actually be up for close to 36 hours, not just 24.

Anyway, tonight is the night--7:00 pm Friday night to 7:00 pm Saturday night. And my plan is to play through as many Halo games as I can manage. I figure that I can get through most of them assuming my brain doesn't ooze out my eye sockets or my cat doesn't kill me due to lack of attention.

In actuality, I've always wanted to know if I could pull a 24-hour game marathon and I guess I will find out soon. I'll be sure to be fully stocked with snacks and drinks, and maybe a cattle prod to jolt me awake if I start to fall asleep.

Let the games begin!

No comments: