Sunday, January 8, 2012

Happy New Somethingorother

It's a new year. I hope everyone is having a wonderful one thus far. If not, you only have 358 more to improve it. Just saying.

In this, the new year, I find myself mired in games. This is a very good problem to have, so I cannot really find the energy to complain about it. But I do tend to get into the mindset of, no matter what I play, I feel like I should be playing something else.

I'm Playing Starcraft? Shouldn't I be playing some Halo: CE Anniversary? After all, I haven't even touched multiplayer yet. If I'm playing Skyrim, am I not missing out by playing some Starcraft 2 with friends? And then there is Battlefield 3...maybe I should just play some Envirobear 2000?? (ha ha) I also downloaded Freespace and Freespace. Then there is Fallout: New Vegas that I snagged off of the latest Steam sale for next to nothing. I'm saving Amnesia (also from the Steam sale) for next Halloween. :)

And, yet, more games are on the horizon. Diablo 3 is obviously on my list. I'm not sure there is a gamer on this planet who isn't looking forward to it. There is the Heart of the Swarm expansion for Starcraft 2. Tribes: Ascension has promise. But, dammit, where the hell is my Mechwarrior V? Seriously, I 10 ccs of battlemech IV push...STAT...or something. I'm also guessing Skyrim will have some DLC. You know, horse armor or a toilet to decorate your house with--very important additions.

And people wonder why I don't badgewhore on Kongregate anymore. Heh. (Well, badgewhore less).

I'm toying with the idea of getting a Kinect for the Xbox. Hell, I'm toying with the idea of finding a cheap Xbox and Kinect and using it for the kids. I'm really not sure I myself would use a Kinect very much but I know the girls would totally love it. I also kinda find the idea of two Xboxes in our house to be a little silly.

Lately, the roleplaying bug seems to have bitten me. I think it's cyclical. But I've been missing a good roleplaying group. Not sure anything will come along to scratch this itch, but it's there...nagging me much like that one itch that hits you while you're playing Rock Band or, for us old-schoolers, Breakout, and you aren't able to take your hand off the controller to scratch it.

Also, I recently acquired a copy of DungeonQuest and kinda want to play it, too.

Guess we'll see what happens! So many games, so little opportunity!

No comments: