Monday, May 14, 2012

What the Hell is going on??

I haven't been very active on this blog lately. It isn't that I don't have a lot to say, but more that the things I have to talk about, I don't want to talk about. This is certainly not the forum for those things. So, skipping over them, we'll get back to what really matters...

I recently saw a pretty good movie. You may have heard of it. Basically, it's a movie about a group of fantastically powerful heroes who, through acts of derring-do, battle for supremacy. That's right. I'm talking about Pirates: Band of Misfits. Wait...what did you think I was talking about? Avengers, you say? Yeah, that's most certainly the next movie I want to see...I just have not had the time to do so. Now that the crowds have probably thinned a bit I will venture out and most definitely see it.

Anyway, Pirates is claymation, done by the same dudes who created "Chicken Run" and all of the "Wallace and Gromit" episodes that I have not seen. So there's that.

This movie has it all--a plague ship, a ghost ship and a...dodo bird. Long story short--it's a very enjoyable family movie with plenty of humor. Five words: "Prepare to be boarded--NERDS!"

Diablo 3 comes out tomorrow and I suspect a lot of employers will have many employees calling in sick as they all log on en masse at 12:01 whatever their time zone and proceed to neglect all bodily functions for as long as they can, frantically clicking their poor mouse into a terrible oblivion from which there is no return. I will be one of those fools as soon as I get my copy (it is currently sitting in my state, hopefully en route to my house tomorrow). No, I'm not calling in sick. But I still plan on tearing through a few mice before all is said and done.

Lately I've been having a pretty ridiculous problem--too many video games to play. My backlog has gotten big enough to where it actually stresses me out a little, and I end up playing nothing. I am still playing games I've previously finished because I enjoy them so much. But I also have many games I've either barely touched or not at all. And there are other games on the horizon: Halo 4, Bioshock 3, Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm...and Diablo 3 comes out tomorrow!! Did I mention that?

Yeah...crap.

I still have three episodes of Archer to watch, two episodes of Game of Thrones: Season 1, and all of season 2. It really is a good thing I don't watch much normal TV.

This is a seriously awesome problem to have, I guess. But it isn't slowing down. And Steam...Steam, you bastard...you keep providing me quality games at insanely low prices. Damn you! Damn you all to Hell!! Also you, you damn dirty apes!

No comments: